Δευτέρα 4 Μαΐου 2015

Emily Bronte, Her Sisters, and Wuthering Heights

Emily Bronte, Her Sisters, and Wuthering Heights
 Emily Brontë quote
ALL ABOUT EMILY BRONTE 
the author of the "wuthering heights "



EMILY BRONTE QUOTES

A person who has not done one half his day's work by ten o'clock,
 runs a chance of leaving the other half undone.
EMILY BRONTE, Wuthering Heights
Vain are the thousand creeds
That move men's hearts: unutterably vain;
Worthless as withered weeds,
Or idlest froth amid the boundless main.
EMILY BRONTE, Last Lines


Anne, Emily and Charlotte Bronte, c.1834

The Brontë Sisters (1818-1855)

 Charlotte, Emily and Anne Brontë were sisters and writers whose novels have become classics.

Charlotte was born on 21 April 1816, Emily on 30 July 1818 and Anne on 17 January 1820 all in Thornton, Yorkshire. They had two sisters, both of whom died in childhood and a brother, Branwell. Their father, Patrick, was an Anglican clergyman who was appointed as the rector of the village of Haworth, on the Yorkshire moors. After the death of their mother in 1821, their Aunt Elizabeth came to look after the family........


Poems of Emily Brontë 

  Riches I Hold in Light Esteem (March 1, 1841)

Riches I hold in light esteem
And Love I laugh to scorn
And lust of Fame was but a dream
That vanished with the morn–

And if I pray, the only prayer
That moves my lips for me
Is–"Leave the heart that now I bear
And give me liberty."

Yes, as my swift days near their goal
'Tis all that I implore
Through life and death, a chainless soul
With courage to endure!

 

 

Emily Bronte's Background

 

 Wuthering Heights is a 1998 British television film directed by David Skynner and produced by Jo Wright. It is based on the novel Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. The novel was adapted for the screen by Neil McKay. The film was released on October 18, 1998 in the United States.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου