Τετάρτη 17 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014

25 Common Sayings And Where They Came From

25 Common Sayings And Where They Came From:

 Cold turkey

 Have you ever thought about the expressions people use on a daily basis and wonder how they became such a widespread part of the English language? Well, I can assure you that I have. The one that recently piqued my interest is “kick the bucket.” As I heard those words escape someone’s lips, I thought to myself, “What on earth does a bucket have to do with death?” If you’re just as neurotic as I am, have any interest in these sayings and their histories, or just realized “kick the bucket” really is an odd saying and you’d like to figure out the history behind it, then this list of 25 common sayings and where they came from is the list for you. I hope it doesn’t “rub you the wrong way.”

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου