Σάββατο 17 Αυγούστου 2013

From certainty to improbability



Definitely!
- Absolutely!
- I'm 100% certain.
- I'm positive on that point.
- I know for sure taht she's pregnant.
- She is sure she'll win this year.
- I am convinced it mustn't be taken seriously.
- It's quite certain that your dog has swallowed the key of my house.
- I'm quite sure he's going to call her tonight.
- I could swear that there will be another battle.
- It's undeniable that they know each other.
- There's no doubt in my mind.
- There can be no doubt.
- It's beyond all doubt that he witnessed the accident.
- I have no doubt about the answer.
- It's obvious that she will refuse our suggestion.
- I can assure you he gave me a green light to go ahead.
- He is bound to arrive last.
- The chances are that he'll eventually win the elections.
- There is a good chance that they will agree.
- The odds are that it will be over by September.
- It seems highly likely that she'll be appointed at the head of the firm.
- I bet you $100 he won't come this morning.
- I bet she'll apologize to everyone.
- I think she'll remember me.
- It seems to me that I know them.
- I guess he'll come, too.
- I expect she'll spend all her money in this shop.
- I suppose it will be published by next month.
- I believe such theories will develop in the East.
- I assume that he'll be identified sooner or later.
- There is reason to believe that they've met before.
- She must be his girl. Don't you see how they are close to each other?
- She must have been surprised!
- They must have made money with that!
- You can't have voted for that man!
- It's more than probable that he won't understand.
- It's probable that the situation will improve.
- They'll probably win the elections.
- It will probably not be long before he realizes his mistake.
- This is likely to lead to more inflation.
- The new emergency room is not likely to open in the end.
- I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind.
- It may be the only possibility.
- The newcomers may take over from them.
- It may not work out in the end.
- There may have been a genetic reason.
- The new legislation might prove successful.
- Perhaps the sea will be warm.
- Maybe it will be easier than the first time.
- There's some doubt in my mind.
- I doubt that they'll ever be able to raise so much money.
- It's doubtful whether it's true.
- I'm rather sceptical about their superiority.
- I'm highly dubious about the wisdom of their decision.
- I am not at all convinced that they'll be expelled.
- I wonder if they're married.
- I am not too sure that they will cooperate.
- I am not really sure that this material doesn't shrink.
- I'm not quite sure it will be a success.
- It isn't known for sure whether they're married.
- He isn't likely to follow your advice.
- It's highly improbable that they could win the war.
- It's very doubtful whether her book will be translated.
- There's but a small chance that he'll be admitted.
- It's hardly to be expected that such an experiment will be carried out.

from:http://www.englishlearningbox.com/speaking/from_certainty_to_improbability.php

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου